1707 Pacific Coast Hwy
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254
ph (h): 310-318-1323
OBJECTIVE: Currently Not Looking :)
- Experience in developing high performance email applications.
- Good knowledge of various MTA's, and in depth knowledge of QMAIL.
- Good understanding of SMTP protocol.
- Good understanding of Apache webserver
- Ability to understand and develop software on various operating systems.
- Highly motivated and interested in learning and re-learning technologies.
- Develop and maintain high performance, scalable and robust software.
- Good understanding of cryptographic technologies(Openssl, DES3, Solaris crypt).
- Good understanding of internet technologies and protocols (HTTP,TCP/IP).
- Knowledge in developing financial software.
- Familiar with Object Oriented design patterns (focused on C++).
- Good understanding of lowlevel, architectural information between various systems
and their differences, mainly Sun Sparc and Intel X86.
- Languages: C++, C, Perl, Mod-perl, Template Toolkit, Python, SQL, CGI, Java, HTML, Java Script, XML, Pascal, Basic
and x86 Assembler.
- Operating Systems: Solaris, Linux, Unix, Cygwin, Sun OS, Windows and Dos.
- Software: Apache, Oracle, MySQL, Illustra, SQL-server, Motif and FoxPro.
- Version Tools: CVS and Clearcase.
- Systems: Sun, Intel/IBM PCs, HP-ux and Power Macs.
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MICHIGAN.
Master of Science, Computer Science, Aug,'99. GPA 3.77
- Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, AUSTRALIA.
Master of Information Technology, Dec,'97. GPA 3.75
- Mangalore University, Mangalore, INDIA.
Bachelor of Technology, Computer Eng., June,'95, GPA 3.70
Ticketmaster Corp. (Software Engineer) Los Angeles, California.
Feb,'02 - present
NTF (TM Notifications)
(Perl, Mod_perl, Apache, MySql, Template Toolkit, XML, QMAIL, Ironport, Unix/Linux,ORACLE/SQL) Feb,'03 - present
Data Warehouse Engineering (Access & Notification)
- Took a lead role on the NTF side for Ticketmaster Canada Launch. Designed and Develeoped Ticketmaster Canada Alerts for both Canadian English and Canadian French. Alerts include Ticket Alert, Team Alert, Venue Alert, Performer Alert, Event Reminder, Phone Confirmation and Welcome Mail.
- Improved the performance of TicketAlert, which is a sophisticated personalized email where in each user will get a unique email depending upon his preferences,locations, and various other criterias. It was sped up by about 50%.
- Made various decisions on systems like NTF, and P14 to improve quality of the Ticketmaster email system to sell more tickets better.
- Also worked on improving performance of Template Tool Kit by using stash xs, and other caching mechanism within mod-perl. Also moved some of the complex business logic out of the template into mod-perl, and re-architectured Template Tool Kit structure into process modules, where in each module is pre-compiled.
- Worked and took lead on various alert projects, by working closely with campaign managers, product manager and template engineers.
- Built a good debugging mechanism within NTF system, which has helped improve conversion rate almost double for Performer Alert, which a major ticketmaster alert.
- Implemented various new Alerts like Phone Confirmation, Welcome Mail, Preference email and many other minor weekly alerts.
- Worked on various NTF integration projects between P14 system and NTF system.
- Took a lead, and worked on TM Redesign Alerts for both US and Canada.
- Built many tools on NTF side for users who interact with NTF system, mainly for campaign managers.
- Supported NTF system, and companies who use NTF system, like Citysearch, Evite, Entertainment and Reserve America, to send their periodic campaigns.
- Played a major role in building CEND tool, by architecting Template to NTF integration, and creating a better reporting infrastructure.
(Sun/Solaris, Unix/Linux, C++, Perl, ORACLE/SQL, SQL-Server) Feb,'02 - Feb,'03
Paypal Inc. (Software Engineer) Palo Alto, California. Apr,'01 - Mar,'02
- Find solutions to cryptographic issues within the Ticketmaster data warehouse team.
- Implemented TRIPLE DES (Data Encryption standard) cryptographic algorithm, with the
ECB (Electronic Code Block) mode of operation using Openssl crypto libraries in C++ on
Sun/Solaris 8 for creditcard encryption within the ticketmaster Data warehouse. Using solaris
one-way crypt further encrypted the 3-byte DES3 encrypted key. The DES3 encrypted
credit card numbers were further encoded by converting the encrypted data into hex-char form.
Also implemented the decrypting and decoding of these credit cards.
- Port Pascal generated raw bit-level journal files on old VAX systems to Linux
(running Redhat 7.2, on kernel 2.4.7-10) using C++ . These journals contain
the master encoded information of transactions for events, and user accounts. After porting to
Linux, the actual transaction information is decoded and extracted, and is further mapped to the
user accounts to get complete trans-account information. The code is upward compatible to C++
compilers gcc/g++ version 2.96 (or above) running Redhat Linux version 7.2 (or above).
- Designed and implemented Data warehouse for Ticketmaster events (both current and historic)
and related dimensions to events, using Perl.
- Help to solve problems within the team by both designing and developing applications, so as
to build a complete Ticketmaster Data Warehouse using Perl 5 on Sun/Solaris, the backend
database being Oracle8 (also running on Sun/Solaris).
- Work with other engineers within the team to successfully get the feed data and further do the
ETL (Extract, Transfer and Load) processing so as to build the warehouse on a day to day basis.
Application Engineering (Linux , Unix/Solaris , C++, CGI, ORACLE/SQL)
Go.com/Infoseek Corporation- Walt Disney Internet Group (Software Engineer)
- Developed sophisticated and highly secured C++ applications for both Paypal live site and
for Paypal Admin Tools (used by Paypal customer service) with Oracle as backend database.
- Wrote batch tools in C++ that will run periodically, that will query (SQL), and update
Paypal database containing various live user information.
- Implemented OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control)Locking System for both Paypal live
site and Paypal Admin Tool. If a user logs in from an OFAC designated area then the user is
blocked, OFAC locked and all money movements are blocked for that account. No money
movements are permitted for any Paypal customer service representative who tries to
move money through Admin Tool. And depending on the status of the live IP where the user
has logged in, the user account may also be restricted. Using the Admin Tool, a customer
service representative can perform both OFAC Lock and Unlock operations on any accounts
- Implemented Advanced Search Functionality on the Paypal live site for business and premier
users where in users can search their transaction history by Email Alias, Transaction id,
Last Name and Subscription Id (if applicable) for any particular range of time.
- Developed both International Sign Up Bonus and International Referral Bonus features for
Paypal live site. For granting the bonuses, various validity checks with respect to their
email address, credit cards, payments sent etc. were performed. All the legacy users case
(users who signed up before the bonus features was rolled out) was considered depending on
their credit card status.
- Worked on two main Gaming Account Enhancements on the system. One feature was to flag a
gaming flag for all the users in the system that have paid or signed up as a part of paying to a
gaming account. And the other was to change status as verified on all the transaction
confirmation details on the payer side if the payee is a gamer.
- Implemented Click-able Search Functionality in Paypal Administrative Tool for customer service
support group, where in they can click and search on various items in User Account Edit Pages.
The searchable items were Email Aliases, EBAY Auction User Names, Phone numbers, Bank
account numbers and Credit card numbers, and they would be provided with all the users who
currently have or who already had registered with any of these same information.
- Implemented Automatic Email Reminders on the live site that sends out emails to account holders
who do not have a valid bank account added or confirmed, in their account. The emails were sent
both by counting the cumulative number of payments sent and also by depending on various
target amounts sent.
- Implemented Request Money Email Reminders Batch Tool that runs daily to send out emails to
all users whose Request Money Cancellation Date is nearing depending on the frequency of the
- Implemented Auto Lock Restricted 90 Days Batch Tool that runs daily, which would look for all
the accounts in the Paypal system, that was restricted for the past 90 days or more and if any
restricted, then those accounts would be locked. And the locked user would not be permitted to
log in from the live site.
- Worked closely with designers and producers to incorporate new design features for the live site.
Sunnyvale, California. Sep,'99 - Mar,'01
Core Engineering (Sun/Solaris, C++, Python) Oct,'00 - Mar,'01
Content Engineering (Sun/Solaris, C++, Python, XML) Sep,'99 - Sep,'00
- Developed and maintained various products within GO.com portal, which is a multi-tier,
scalable, fast web site delivering dynamic content to users.
- Monitored and troubleshot the GO Home Page and My Page services on the site on a weekly basis.
- Worked on both release management process and versioning for various products within the
portal on a weekly base. The main products were GO Home page, My page and Centers.
- Wrote Python scripts to count traffic in terms of page count within the portal by using
various log files as each time a user views a page is logged on to respective log file.
- Wrote C++ page classes (in house) on a multi-threaded environment as a part of in-house
application server development.
- Worked closely with UI engineers in accomplishing various web page rolls on a weekly basis.
Computer Science Dept., Western Michigan University (Instructor) Sep '98 to Aug '99
- Wrote both C++ and Python plugins for Modules Development as a part of new GO.com portal
launch that was launched in Sept 2000.
- Data integration from both in-house database CDBM (content data base manager) and SQL,
to XML modules as part of GO.com launch. Each XML module has it's own pre-tagged
- Provided full engineering development and support for Infoseek/GO Centers: Autos, Health,
Games, and Food and Drinks.
- Supported and made enhancement to the web based Content Publishing Tool (Content Tool)
for producers and UI engineers. This tool helps to publish contents on the fly by scheduling for
a time or for multiple intervals of time for various products within Infoseek/GO.com. Infoseek
Centers published content extensively using this tool.
- Developed web based database interfaces using Python to manage and track content publication.
These tools helped the product managers to view the database for a particular content center
given a CDBM key. It queries the CDBM and checks if any given key is present or not. If present
displays the respective content.
- Developed parsers and text processing software using Python for various partner contents.
- Worked closely with producers and partners to accomplish the right requirements for centers
- Taught object oriented programming concepts using C++ (CS 204 and CS104) for undergraduate
students. Prepared syllabus for these courses for both course work and lab work. Also prepared
test papers and evaluated them. Topics included introductory C/C++, Functions, Strings,
Inheritance, Polymorphism and Operator Overloading.